Computational structural biology of membrane protein
Structured-based drug design
Ahmad Reza Mehdipour is a tenure-track assistant professor at the Department of Applied Physics (TW17) and Center for Molecular Modeling (CMM). He is a theoretical biophysicist with a background in pharmacy and computational structural biology. He is also an experienced researcher in various subjects of medicinal chemistry, structural bioinformatics, and computational pharmacology.
2015-2021. Postdoctoral Fellow
Department of Theoretical Biophysics, Max Planck Institute of Biophysics, Frankfurt, Germany
Faculty of Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Pharmacy, Goethe University Frankfurt, Germany
Computational Structural Biology Group, Max Planck Institute of Biophysics, Frankfurt, Germany
Faculty of Pharmacy, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
Selected publications (non-CMM):
- Mehdipour AR#, Hummer G#. Dual nature of human ACE2 glycosylation in binding to SARS-CoV-2 spike. PNAS, 2021, 118, e2100425118. (# Corresponding authors).
- Hofmann S*, Januliene D*, Mehdipour AR*, Thomas C, Stefan E, Brüchert S, Kuhn BT, Geertsma ER, Hummer G, Tampé R, Moeller A. Conformation space of a heterodimeric ABC exporter under turnover conditions. Nature. 2019, 571, 580-583. (* Sharing first co-authorship)
- Perez C*, Mehdipour AR*, Hummer G, Locher KP. Structure of outward-facing PglK and molecular dynamics of lipid-linked oligosaccharide recognition and translocation. Structure. 2019, 27, 669-678. (* Sharing first co-authorship)
- Mehdipour AR, Hummer G. Cardiolipin puts the seal on ATP synthase. PNAS. 2016,113, 8568-8570.
- Perez C*, Faust B*, Mehdipour AR*, Francesconi KR, Forrest LR, Ziegler C. Substrate bound outward-open state of the symporter BetP: insights into Na+ and substrate coupling. Nat Commun. 2014, 15, 4231. (Sharing first co-authorship)
- Hemmateenejad B, Yousefinejad S, Mehdipour AR. Novel amino acids indices based on quantum topological molecular similarity and their application to QSAR study of peptides. Amino Acids, 2011, 40, 1169-1183.
- Mehdipour AR, Hamidi M. Brain drug targeting: A computational approach for overcoming blood brain barrier. Drug Disc Today. 2009, 14, 1030-1036.
- Edarki N, Mehdipour AR, Khoshneviszadeh M, Miri R. Dihydropyridines: evaluation of their current and future pharmacological applications. Drug Disc Today, 2009, 14, 1058-1066.
- Mehdipour AR, Javidnia K, Hemmateenejad H, Amirghofran Z, Miri R. Dihydropyridine derivatives to overcome atypical multidrug resistance: design, synthesis, QSAR studies and evaluation of their cytotoxic and pharmacological activities. Chem Biol Drug Des, 2007, 70, 337-346.